Friday, March 23, 2012

A Couple of New Faces


March is always so busy here...Not only is it baby animal time and blooming gardens, it's also income TAX time. I'm a CPA and a tax CPA at that so there is absolutely no rest for the wicked at this time of the year. And it's really hard to squeak time to post. But I thought I'd better get some updates posted, or all the new news will be old news.

There are a couple of new faces in the duck pen -and they're not ducks. I was trying so hard not to increase our menagerie's size prior to our big move, but I succumbed. I just can't help myself. It seems I just have to read the Craigslists farm ads. And there was this ad for a pair of splash bantam cochins -just what I have been wanting. And here they are now:

Meet Harry and Ginny (my daughter is a huge Harry Potter fan and thus christened them).


Harry is quite the ham....

"Did you get my good side" he asks?

It's a little harder to get a pic of Ginny, it seems Harry has to sneak in...see him?


"It's all feathers," says Ginny.


3 comments:

  1. Great pics! My husband is a CPA too. Not a fun time of year...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful -- just love cochins. :) Thanks so much for sharing at Rural Thursdays, Carolyn

    ReplyDelete