Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Egg Count

I can actually post an egg count this month. As previously posted here my ducks (or maybe it's just one duck?) finally started laying this last month.

Grand total for the month 9 eggs-that's an egg every second day. And they are off to a good start for February with an egg collected today. I'll be keeping a running tally in the margin of this blog for monthly egg counts and ytd counts.

I really like the ducks, and plan on getting some more. I have been researching duck breeds and have decided to add magpies and call ducks to my flock. I can use both for herding practice. The calls are absolutely adorable and apparently the magpies are pretty good layers.

Unfortunately neither seem in abundance either here or in CO. I have found someone not too far from here that may have some calls available, so hopefully I'll be able to post about their arrival in the not to distant future.


2 comments:

  1. I am sorry you didn't find that magpie duck image. I will see if I can find some for you.

    ReplyDelete